View Single Post
Old 11-19-2018, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_80 View Post
All great points. I’ll be going 10”. The P1 is by far the most money. The improvements over the HC 40 are it cuts faster on same size motor due to a different transmission and appears to be a bit better built with less plastic to catch on stuff. The new jiffy 46 I believe is about 10 cc’s Bigger than the 44 and 10 pounds heavier.
Actually it is the Jiffy Pro4 I have used not the 44Pro got the new naming confused... I think they did that on purpose so you now buy the lite version and think it is equivalent to old Pro4 which appears to be the 46 now.

I would pick the Eskimo over Jiffy without question if looking for a 10 inch auger. Not sure where you are looking because I see the 44pro listed around same price and even higher then P1. Don't see a 46 on Canadian websites but it has the highest US price so I assume the same here. HC40 is cheapest if you can find one but again I don't see listed on Canadian sites, I thought it was discontinued but see is still listed on some us sites.

If you can find an HC40 it is a great 10 inch auger and the slower speed is beneficial especially in thick ice. Extra weight sucks which was my only complaint with the HC40 but that goes for almost every 10 inch auger.