View Single Post
Old 11-27-2020, 10:10 AM

Weatherby mark v light weight in 7mm rm, 1700 buck brand new 20 years ago. it would shot a few dead center then a few 5 inches to the left high. took it to a gunsmith he check it out ,looked at the crown said good to go. I changed scopes, rings , bases you name,same crap. Never seen a rifle do this.

Finally I had two packs of 50 rounds and fired the whole lot in in no time and it was smoken. Brought it home cleaned it up and told the store owner to send it back ,they sent it back to Weatherby and they gave the store back a brand new one. I exchanged in the store without touching it.

Wasted a 100 rounds of 7mm but it was either that or the bumper, I busted a 270 savage over a trailer hitch, put the barrel in the hole where the pin goes and jumped on it twice and it bent that barrel real nice. Junk is junk throw it away.

If the gun isn't good for me I don't sell it to some other person,it's garbage destroy it and move on. Never sold a rifle that didn't shot right, sold some I just didn't like due to the fit or just got tired of it or didn't use.

I really dislike stories about the gun shot like crap so I sold it. No integrity what so ever ,unless you sell it for parts.

I guess the two rifles that surprised me the most,tikka T3 6.5x55 and T3 223 with a 1in 8 twist,they shot crazy good and I still own them .

JD

Last edited by JD848; 11-27-2020 at 10:24 AM.