View Single Post
Old 11-26-2020, 07:52 AM

Default Guns that surprised you/ guns that disappointed you

What guns have you owned that enter surprised you or disappointed you. Please let's not turn this into a make / model bashing thread unless you have actually owned the gun.

My entry is a Midland in 30-06 I found on my LGS consignment shelf. Price tag was 350$. Rifle came with a banner 3x9 in extremely high rings. The barrel was covered in surface rust the stock was horrible and the bore extremely dirty. I managed to walk out with it for a total of 180$. Once home I replaced the rings( low) and cleaned the bore, dealt with the rust, and stripped and finished the stock. I used 8 coats of tongue oil and the birth stock isn't a complete eye sore in my opinion. First load I tried was a 180 interlock( Flat base) over a decent charge of IMR 4064. At 100 yes all three rounds touched recoil was surprisingly soft. This gun continues to put these bullets in under an inch even with other shooters.( My wife shot a 3/4" group a few weeks ago) for a 180$ rifle I'd say it more than exceeds my expectations