View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringTheory View Post
I was inspired to get some underwater footage from my Marcum VS485C camera. I bought a video capture card and used the video out jack on the camera to record some footage.

This was Wabamun on the weekend. Overcast day, a couple inches of snow on the ice but the water was fairly clear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXZC...gTheoryAngling

If you watch the video through you can see the colour change quite often to adapt to the light conditions. I found it a bit distracting but the camera software is just trying to optimize the image.

My lure is about 4 feet away and I think you can see 12-15 ft in the distance and make out whats going on.
Tough crowd there on that video. You bounced that crank right off that pike's back and he hardly flinched. I wish you had edited the last minute off, because I was gonna say that lipless crankbait is too aggressive for those fish and suggest a flutter spoon. Tingler is my favorite too. 20% off site-wide on rapala.ca today.

With the topic at hand, that's about as good as I see on mine. In a dark tent under ideal conditions, you can learn something from it. Outside? Good luck. Apples to oranges price-wise, but I'd save my money for Panoptix. I didn't see any behavior there I couldn't decipher on my LiveScope. And Panoptix will reach out 50'+ reliably inside or out, and look backwards as well. YMMV.