View Single Post
Old 05-02-2014, 01:36 PM

Now I want one too…

I don't think the, "Sportsmen must always stick together" argument is all that solid. Some "hunting" practices are clearly very damaging to our standing as legitimate land users, and make us look far worse as a group than spears or Atlais ever would. Good discussion and examination of what we're doing is a good thing I figure, most of the above is that so great.

However, I think many on here would be surprised by how pro-hunting many of the "granolas" actually are. Surprisingly, many non-hunters view bow hunting as more legitimate than rifle hunting. Atlais and spears wouldn't really freak them out more, and I bet a lot of the non-hunting world would see it as more sporting and "fairer." Insert arguments here, but we're killing wild animals, the method of that kill is either irrelevant or seen as more ethical if done by human power to the relatively few true "antis" I run into. I think you'd get some serious respect at MEC (and you'd be surprised how many hunters work there…) if you offered a class on traditional African hunting where you ran the deer down in the Rockies...

As I read the letters and reasoning above from the ABA I am not impressed at all. What a narrow, reactionary and unfounded viewpoint.