View Single Post
Old 11-02-2019, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterBlaster View Post
You voted for Justin Trudeau. Pointe Finale. You cast a vote for a party that had zero chance of forming government and whose own leader lost his seat to a Conservative. Berniers views, while valid in many cases, are entirely out of step with mainstream Canada. If one wants to be elected PM you must appeal to all voting demographics and not have a whiff of bigotry, intolerance or racism about you. Bernier, a Frenchman, lost his seat in Quebec- by far the most intolerant province in all of Canada- because his views were even too extreme for Quebecers and thats saying something as the no religious symbols bill in Quebec is extremely popular. It's been reported that many NDP voters voted strategically by voting liberal IOT keep the Tory's from power because they knew that the NDP can never and will never form government and they voted liberal as a means to ensure Scheer did not get to 24 Sussex- PPC supporters should take a page from their book. The PPC hopefully is dead but PPC votes in some ridings cost the Conservative candidate the seat because the ridings were incredibly close and had those PPC supporters voted strategically as well with the common view that Trudeau had to go some of those ridings would have went Conservative instead of Liberal.
By your own logic, most voters will vote for the liberals or left of them. So we should join them. I mean we have to appeal to the majority right. Ralph Klein warned us of the political right in Canada continually moving left. Some of us have had enough. I vote for my beliefs. I will no longer vote strategically for the lesser of evils. If you want to move closer to center to appeal and attract liberals to your party; you must accept that you are also alienating people with conservative beliefs. We didn’t split the vote; you abandoned us. Now move far enough left to take away votes from Trudeau and you are a party of liberals. It’s that simple. Carry on, keep voting for a name, I will vote on ideology.