View Single Post
Old 11-01-2019, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
His followers funded him through memberships and donations. He set the bar very, very low for his candidates and as long as they had the money to pay him to be a candidate they were good to go. This resulted in some really weird goings on. The Sackville NS candidate tweeted about Islam being evil, etc and his entire Winnipeg party board resigned sighting rampant racism. All that he was able to attract were low information voters by convincing them that he was the only Conservative party running. It was a total gong show......lol.
I’d actually like to come back to this quote that started our exchanges here. I mentioned that Maxime was the only conservative candidate. I agree with most of your post however. But I’ll still stand by my statement of Maxime being the only conservative. I will also challenge one other statement you made. You state that he only attracted low-info voters.

Myself and a colleague voted PPC. I would be willing to wager that we are much more informed about politics than 90% of Canadians. So how does that make us low-info? We are the only 2 I personally know that voted PPC, so I can’t speak for the others. I can however introduce you to droves of low-info voters that voted CPC cause daddy told them to way back on their 18th birthday.

I’ll give you the crap candidates, and a pretty poorly run campaign but the fact he managed to do what he did was fairly impressive otherwise.