View Single Post
Old 10-19-2021, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slough shark View Post
Well this should be interesting, from what I’m hearing it’s pretty close to a 50-50 split. I’m not sure why people want it dark at 4:15-4:30 in the winter and changing the clock twice a year. In my mind it was a no brainer, try to make as many hours of daylight during hours that people are awake. Not sure why anyone would be against that.
When I was in Fort Nelson, they had a local referendum on the matter, to stick with existing or switch over to what the PRRD (Fort St. John) was on. It was annoying, as alot of the energy related business in Fort Nelson worked with offices out of FSJ, which were an hour different for half the year. Made alot of sense to switch to be the same as the PRRD. A lady was explaining to the Mayor that she didn't want to switch, because right now her kid got home from school at 4:30-5:00, volleyball practice was at 6:00, giving them over an hour to have supper as a family. If the clocks moved back, they'd lose that hour and wouldn't be able to have supper as a family.