View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 06:36 AM

Yes on Coyotes , and Gophers, we have no shortage of them at the farm, we have a loooooong time friend that takes care of most of them in our nabour hood.

My brothers and I kind of shy'ed away from predator control since its the kids turn to take up the role, we're mostly into simple shooting for fun, big game if the critters allow it, and camping,,, lawn chair time. Ha.

Just thought it would nice to give the self contained shooting skills another go, old school sticks will work I'm sure.
Normally I attach the long Harrison Bypod before hunting season, pretty solid shooting platform off of them.

Just like to try different things in the mix since it might incress the odds at hunting.

I started doing a work over on my frugal 22 rimfire last night, added a few ounces, reset the the action torque screws, and adding a FFP scope to it, it will be the loner unit for the kids and adults when needed.

The pigeon & magpie population needs thinning out, our old time shotgun pal passed on a few years back, we're slowly getting over run.
Won't take long to sort this out before silage season gets underway.

If the shooting sticks show good results down range, I'll look into the trip-pod shooting stand next, a few folks at the range like them more than the 2 legged bypods.

Nothing like starting simple and working up from there.

I'll definitely look into the Stony Point rest fore sure, that might be what my friend used to get his buck last year.

Last edited by Don_Parsons; 07-24-2018 at 06:53 AM.