View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 05:10 PM

Nice SC, got to love the smell on new iron. Ha.

I'm pretty sure you'll getter dialed in, that is part of the fun fore sure. Those CZ's shoot nice out of the box from what I've heard, and what I see. Thanks for posting this.

My new Remington SPS factory is rocking pretty good with the pressure point barrel, but I must of got a Monday or Friday trigger since its the worst I've ever used. Ha
It will get sorted soon.

So I built 5 frugal shooting sticks out of thick Survey Lath,,, 2 legged.
I drilled 6 adjustment holes so a shooters can use them in the kneeling, or sitting position, I'll make a few stand up units to.
The range has a cement slab floor, so I drilled holes at the bottom so a person can use the lower string to tie off the spread for the closet target,,, then take up the slack to reach the other 5 out to the 600 mark.

Drop the slack and your back to 100 meters, quick and fast.

I'm drafting up 2 simple back boards to lean against for improved shot placement,,, foam padding.
Might as well be comfortable if a person isn't on their feet.
The large gong down range is 21"T x 27"W,,, the others on the left are 16",,,, I hope they put the 7" back up,,, the shooting sticks with back board will better the odds of playing tag.

My friend took a nice Buck last year off his sticks, he didn't have much time to set-up,,, but it was enough to get the cross hairs on target.

These shooting sticks are donated to RMH Range from the Outdoorsmen folks.

$1 each,,, Ha,,, looks like I'm building up some points for the 2018 year,,, the kids and grown ups will definitely put them to good use.

I might as well make some triple lined sand bags, I seen lots of younger kids shooting last year that could of used them. Full time job at helping out where I can.