View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 01:06 PM

Nube

Take a chill pill buddy. I was NOT trying to be an ahoe. I used GP meat processors as an example because they are ones I am familiar with. I presume there would be something similar close to you. I know Superstore and groceries with in house butchers are pretty prevalent across the province.

If, as you say, driving even a half hour for unlimited bait is not feasible then you are probably right, baiting Wolves is not a feasible deal in your view. Does however make me wonder just what the return per wolf would have to be for it to make economic sense in your books if even $450 (150 for hide and 300 bounty) isn't enough to make it feasible.

Personally I would be quite happy to contribute to someone who does want to do this but it would be nice to see some estimate by those who trap for a living as to what it would take for a program to be workable. One thought would be to use the Alberta Trappers association and have them pay a top up bounty on every wolf hide a trapper runs through the auctions. Easy to track and administer and fair across the board to those who are catching the wolves. As far as fair to the poor trapper, as far as I know, if you don't catch fur no one is making a charitable payment to them while they learn, no reason wolf shouldn't work the same. You get paid for success in pretty much everything.