View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CF8889 View Post
Can non trappers help out boots on the ground? I'd definitely help out any trappers near by (I am located in Calgary). Even if it's just grunt work like helping get bait out to the spots
I have the odd guy come out but for me it is sometimes a pain. It's like trying to organize a hunt with someone.
When I go I leave at the craziest hrs. I leave sometimes after the kids go to bed and drive late at night to get up there. Then work my arse off to get things done and come home. I don't stop for food. I go go go.
I am also a last min. kinda guy where I don't know when my next trip will be. I have an idea of a timeframe but will up and go when I see I have a day or 2 to go. It's hard for others to come along with my schedule. Not sure about how others do things tho.
Hauling bait would be helpful though if I had big chunks of bait.

One real big way of helping would be if guys froze meat scraps in buckets for trappers. I know if I had guys collecting bait and freezing it in tupperware containers for me so I could just swing by and grab bait that would be HUGE!.

I had a crazy idea of a hunter drop off. I thought of getting a bin and have guys drop off their scraps after they butcher them. Issue with that is I am in town and I don't think the neighbors would like that lol
I also don't need people I don't know knowing where I live either and having people around I don't know. It's an issue every year with people tossing their scraps on roads or trespassing on some farmers field to dump them. I am sure guys would like a place to dump their stuff