View Single Post
Old 04-30-2017, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkdiesel View Post
I hunted there 10 years ago and killed a good goat. Everybody I asked for permission from laughed at me. At first I felt a little disheartened and figured these southerners were a little rude, but soon realized they were laughing because nobody there asks permission. Out of the 10 I asked everyone said don't ask, just make sure you're walking and you can hunt anybody's land.
I did see one quarter with a no trespassing sign, but that was the only one in the entire zone lol

Good luck on your hunt, still have a few more years until I can hunt Alberta again for speed goats
I would not take this advice. Regardless what a landowner responds to you, asking for permission is the right thing to do. I would also say that there are more than a few landowners down that way that have had their fill with hunters and just walking in will get you charged. Also in October there are still a lot of cattle on leases and ranchers are well within their rights to keep you out of those pastures.

All of that said there is lots of land you will get access to. Dont be a db and you will have a good hunt