View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
If you are not transporting or target practising your restricted are in storage. It doesn't matter if your cleaning them, admiring them or standing in front of a mirror wearing nothing but your shoulder holster practising your quick draw.
No not at all. A firearm can either be in use, in transport or in storage. If you are in your living room cleaning your pistol after a range trip, is it in storage (storage regs apply), transport (transport regs apply), or in use? It can only be in one of the three conditions at a time.

As for the rest of the thread, not one piece of legislation has been posted that discusses or legislates discharging of a restricted from a house/dweling. Does this loophole violate the spirit of the law? Of course! But there is no legislation that prohibits the discharge from a house/dwelling in a rural area.

You guys can keep calling me stupid all you like but when I first learned of this I was sceptical as well. That said I would not do it because a) I don't have the time nor $$$ to defend myself in court only to win and have legislation amended and b) I don't live in a rural area and c) if I'm wrong or my lawyer sucked I'd be FUBAR!