Thread: Binos
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 204ruger View Post
Vortex all the way. Bought some this last season and for 250-300$ can’t beat the clarity and the warranty. But binoculars usually come as 8x42 or 10x42 or 25x50 and so on there’s many various sizes and zooms. I think your referring to how a scope is sized with those numbers.
So last November all 3 of my brothers joined me hunting. The youngest has a set of Swarovski bino's that I thought were simply amazing (they are).....but expensive (they are). Our oldest brother showed up wtih these :

Vortex Diamondback HD 10x42 Binoculars

When younger brother compared side-by-side, he said the Vortex were easily comparable to the Swaro's and said he couldn't see any difference. In fact, younger brother said he was going to buy a pair of the Vortex (he doesn't actually own the Swarovski's, get borrowed them from work). Oldest brother said he got his on sale for under $300 (I don't remember how much he said but I'm pretty sure it was close to $200)

I compared both and couldn't see a difference so I'm now keeping my eyes open for a pair of the Vortex on sale.
I am the captain of my soul.

***William Henley***