View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_bowhunter View Post
Actually if you ever watch Bowhunter Magazine TV show they have done the test of people being able to hear a bow and possibly move out of the way of the arrow. Basically the person held a silhouette target at 20 yards and were blind to the shooter. The person holding the silhouette had to move it out of the way by just listening for the sound of the bow. Everyone was able to move the silhouette out of the way every time (at least what they showed on the episode). It was interesting to watch and was set up as a test to the ability of a deer to jump the string. I am sure I wouldn't be able to get out of the way but it was interesting that everyone could get the silhouette out of the way of the arrow.
Yup ..was like what I metioned earlier...we would stand safe behind a garden shed with target in a shooing lane...we would drop to ground if we heard arrow or bow go off...back in the day of five inch helical vanes...we could do it suprisingly often...some brand bows the shot was so noisy you could sit on ground and wait for arrows....lol

Speed and stealth of bow now days have improved that tenfold...however an animal that comes into range that is on spring coils /nervous / skittish...it is still possible for them to "jump the string"

Neil