Thread: Oldman system
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 08:39 AM

That conditions report was 8 days ago. Since then we’re had 7/8 days of +28 weather.

Fished an upper headwaters stream that was pretty exposed yesterday... water got pretty warm by 3. Fishies we’re feeding hard at 11:40, prolly earlier even. So the games changed and the feeding windows are earlier... with possibly shutting down round 3 or 4. I wet wade and you could tell the water temp change was significant.

We didn’t see another soul all day. I did see a sparrow hawk actually take a bird... never seen that before... very cool. One pool had just the tail of a mid sized cutty sittin in the water..... mink havin dinner maybe?

Late evening feeds pretty consistent on the big waters.

Just a friendly reminder to the guides on the Livingstone.... just because you have a client does NOT mean you can waltz up and get your client into a hole when da other guy is sittin, or changing flies.

Ask nice

Better yet.... move up 2 holes at least and fish on. Thanks to the azzhat that was doin that to sum buddies of mine yesterday. It wuz her birthday you money chasing slug.... tanx fer makin it special.
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."