View Single Post
Old 11-05-2017, 09:40 AM

Greetings all,

I am a guy in my late 40's that is totally new to hunting and shooting. I do have a bunch of outdoors experiance as much of my life has been spent in the mountains skiiing, hiking, rafting, running, kayaking, biking, and working on the mountain highways.

Was sitting around with my wife the other day and complaining about buying meat from the grocery store and out of the blue she suggested I go hunting next year with my inlaws... I was a bit surprised at the suggestion as we have very little contact with hunting/shooting culture. That being said, I love learning new things and the idea of learning about, buying, and walking around in the bush with a gun is appealing to me.

Just completed my PAL/RPAL this week and the form is in the mail. I hope to be at a range in couple months and learning to hunt bunnies once I am a good enough shot - then deer next season with the family and on my own.

This forum looks like a great place to learn and connect with other folks into hunting and shooting. Seems pretty respectful as well. I will try and not be too much of a pain in the butt on the political threads.

Anyone in the Calgary area want to go shooting once I have purchased a gun or have some company when they are out filling their tags, just give me a shout.

Matt

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk