Thread: First Shotgun ?
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 03:12 PM

I started out with the idea of I want an over under, but the more I read and handled, I actually don't prefer them. That said I didn't handle any that were over 3k, I am not willing to spend that much.

I guess the recoil sensitivity could be from a poor stance but I don't think so, I believe it has to do with the shoulder issues I have. My shoulder hurts whether I am shooting or not, so shooting just aggravates it.

All of the guns I listed below seemed to shoulder well the A300 sporting felt the best off the shelf. The A5 was probably second, but I am not sure if it fit well or it had an ivory colored mid bead and red fiber optic sight and it really seamed to help pick up the sight right away.

I know fit is probably the most important thing, but the majority of these guns come with shim kits to adjust the drop and length of pull. Maybe I am wrong but my belief is if it feels good or close to good, I should be able to get it there with the proper adjustments.

Thanks for all the feedback so far guys keep it coming, so far comments on the A400 are similar to what I have been reading, I just read a couple comments that people said the A400 felt weird to shoot with the moving parts in the stock, any truth to that?