View Single Post
Old 11-04-2020, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
You can push them out and I try not to over do it on an area both scouting and hunting. I have found if you walk on their trails too much they clue in. After I first locate a potential area I avoid walking on the trails. You can spook a deer more than once but do it too often they move. Stay out of bedding areas. If you stumble on a bedding area don’t go back in there but instead find the trails they use to get in and out away from the bedding area. Bedding area is a deers safe place

I try not to go into a location more then twice a month scouting but when I talk spot I am talking a couple 100yards not KMs.
Understood, Thanks for sharing that experience. Something I certainly have never done before, but intend to once the season is over - get out and begin observing early on; friend has some trail cams that can be put out too.

Also, off topic - is there a minimum post # before the image verification prompt goes away? In order to post or reply to messages, I need to correctly type these six letters in an image...