View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 10:27 AM

Default New to randomcamping and public land.

Hey guys, I know there are a few posts in this about random camping and public land, but im still confused. Basically to keep this short and sweet, are there maps online that can show me where all the public land is located so I can random camp and shoot my guns? Location dosent really matter, I live in Edmonton and im willing to travel pretty much anywhere. I went and got a Alberta Public recreation land map, but all it shows is a little tepee in a random spot on the map... and when I Google that area it brings me to the Alberta website and says I need to pay for camping and that no firearm usage is allowed. Also how can I be sure im on public land and not on private land? Ive gone and looked at this site here ( http://esrd.alberta.ca/recreation-pu...s/default.aspx ). If im reading that correct then all the land in green should be public and free for me to explore. Are there no land owners in the green area? Also where do you guys leave your vehicles when out in the bush? Are there parking lots or something similar? Or do you just leave them on the side of the road, drive them a bit into the bush?

I'm new to this, no family or friends are really outdoors men and its something I have grown keen to. Just trying to get as much info as I can before this summer hits. Sorry if this question gets asked a lot.

Any help would be greatly appreciated