View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artie View Post
Some guys have good luck with Kal tire others not so good.I quit going to one location when I took a flat tire in to be fixed. I had the tire off the truck and just wheeled it in. They had the tire off the rim to fix the hole so I asked them to flip the tire over when they installed it so the white wall was on the inside. Got the bill and they charged me full price for fixing a flat and then they charged me full price for flipping the tire over so the whitewall was in. Never went back there. But I had my last tires installed at a different Kal tire and took it for a test drive. The tires were so out of balance that I took it right back to them They told me to have a seat and they would get at it. I sat there all afternoon and then around closing time they told me I would have to come back in the morning. Probably a good thing as then I got a different tech who did admit the tires were out of balance. So I would have to find a Kal tire with a good rep before I would go back to them.
If I EVER have a problem with them balancing tires I will quit them completely. Tire service was the only thing I thought they actually do well.

I use a private repair shop here in Edm that was recommended by 3 people here on AO when I moved to Edm 6 years ago. He is absolutley great. Just had him do the timing belt on the Lexus, he was less than half what the dealer quoted. Hard to find good guys and I will stick with Bill as long as I live here.