View Single Post
Old 10-14-2018, 03:54 PM

I have bipeds on a couple of rifles. They are an “acquired taste” for a lot of people, me included. They work well, but I don’t care for the extra weight and the change in balance in the gun.
I was introduced to African shooting sticks a few years ago, and I regularly shoot with them, and prefer them now.
I have several sets; one that’s a legit set from Zimbabwe, and another that my wife had made for me that are multisection. They’re beautiful, work great, but too expensive for me to take out bashing in the brush.
The ones I use most often I got at Cabela’s in the States a couple years ago. The aren’t full length; only about 40in., so perfect for kneeling or sitting. They’re very thin and light, around half a pound. They are three piece with shock cord internally to assemble them. I keep them in a back pocket, and I can deploy them and be ready to shoot faster than I can with a bipod.
I like them better for the range of movement, and getting my muzzle higher, out of the dirt and leaf litter. They are great for coyotes...easier to track a dog running. I also use a tripod with a rifle saddle on it that really works well too