View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coiloil37 View Post
I’ve been running a 13-27” Harris for about 20 years and it’s rarely not under my gun when I touch off a shot. From load development to hunting and everything in between it’s there. It covers me from prone to sitting and unless the grass is really tall has worked everywhere from the prairies to the mountains.
I run it “normal”, the legs are under the barrel when folded up. When I’m shooting with it I try and leave the rifle sitting neutral against the legs. Initially when I set up I plop it down and don’t torque anything. There have been times when I’ve had to follow a running animal and the rifle and bipod have twisted against the legs and it hasn’t resulted in a miss but I make every attempt to keep the bipod and stock from having any torque in them.

I’ve never had any damage from a bipod. If studs have pulled out they probably weren’t anchored very well. My 6lb 15 oz 338 win has over 50lbs of recoil so if it was going to happen, it should happen to her.
When I refer to the studs being pulled out is when they are flipped(bipod) around backwards. All the recoil is bearing on the stud .It doesn't happen to every one used that way but I have repaired many that have . When used as designed its not a problem the recoil can be absorbed by the legs and springs