View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bub View Post

Back to your court statement. Since it is up to the organization to decide whether an individual should be a member of the said organization, there is not much any court can do if it can be shown that an individual no longer meets the criteria dictated by the organization. And the Code of Ethics is a big part of any professional organization, which is why I compared it to the professional development above.
Well the court is required to hear the case prevented by the individual / corporation that files a civil case against the organization. As long as I dish out my $400/hour to have my lawyer fight the ruling by the association the courts hear both sides.
Again in a perfect world each member of APOS would stand up and say “fight the good fight” and we don’t mind you possibly spending hundreds of thousands of dollars of our money in this one case, which we may or may not win, to make an example of this one member that you feel broke our code of ethics.

In reality, if the crown had just taken appropriate action none of this would be required or on the table in the first place.