View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Great to hear...I wonder if they are going to come back glowing in the dark though.

Pretty scary what is happening out West..
Good question and it has been asked by a number of guests already.

I do know that a very high component of the Southern BC Salmon catch is US origin Chinook and Coho, most of which don't travel or feed very far beyond the North Island or very far off of West Coast Vancouver Island (WCVI) This applies to most of the April through Late July fish that we catch, and to a lesser degree, the August-September Salmon that rear and travel further north and offshore, such as late Fraser River Chinook and WCVI wild stocks.

The Northern stocks have a higher component of Salmon that travel northern offshore waters and along the Alaskan Panhandle. I would guess that this MAY see any potential impacts before southern areas but no one is ringing any alarm bells and we are planning on catching and eating them.

If they come up glowing brighter than the Plugs and Spoons we are using, we will have something to start worrying about.

Tasty 18 lber hitting the BBQ shortly, I can't resist so this may be my last post.......