View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketrout View Post
Went out to CVR with a few others from the forum and man was it SLOW. Managed one small jack and one 2lb walleye at about 9:30-10:00 am and that's it. We tried deep, we tried shallow, we tried weed beds, we tried drop offs and we tried different presentations. Nothing working, didn't even see much on the camera, although, I did see something I've never seen before. I had a walleye checking out my jig and getting ready to strike when all of a sudden it spooked and took off incredibly fast. Wondering what happened I kept watching the camera when a nice jack went by chasing the walleye. Awesome to see that on the cam.

The water was murky where we were fishing, and this being my first time out there I was surprised as I thought the water was supposed to be clear.

Ice thickness varied from 13-16", lots of guys driving, and lots of cracking while driving, especially when the genius decided to drive Mach 3 down the middle of the lake in the middle of the day.

Anyone else have any luck out there? Was the water clear? Any tips for a CVR nube?

fish the sunken rock islands