View Single Post
Old 01-19-2022, 06:59 AM

On the plus side, 25% are still giving access. I’m not a landowner, but honestly that’s their right to deny access, tag or not. And they still have to apply under the draw if they want to hunt outside their property.

Can’t be easy dealing with strangers and yahoo’s on a regular basis asking for access. So long as the government continues to ensure paid access or sale of those tags is not a reality here in Alberta, taking away tags from landowners will only make matters worse. It’s doubtful it would be enough to make a difference to wait times and if it did, even it’s it’s small your more likely to end up with a tag and nowhere to hunt with it. It certainly won’t help opening access.

And my guess is given how many of the hunter on here are caught up on lack of opportunity, most non landowners here who were gifted land tomorrow would quickly argue against given landowner tags up too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

In some WMUs landowner tags have a huge impact on wait times. Most however the impact is negligible.

Easy solution is to cap landowner tags at a 10% allocation just like outfitters.