View Single Post
Old 03-11-2024, 07:53 AM

Default Big Game Hunting Survey Complaint process

Hello everyone,

I am following up on concerns over the "Game meat Survey" from January 10 & 17, 2024

I became concerned with this research, how it had been carried out and it integrity since receiveng this email and then looking at the survey (which is research).

I have reasearched the issues myself and come up with a 2-3 step prosses to register complaints about this research including a FOIP complaint; as our information was used to promote participation in a thrid party research program.

I emailed the researchers directly and got no reply. I talked to Todd Zimmerling of ACA and he did a group email with researchers and no reply. I've had dialogue with Mr Zimmerling, he addmitted "issues" but he had a willingness to outlook them because he wants ACA to have a "relationship" with the U of A. Mr Zimmerling has said he thinks I am searching for nefarious intentions; which I am not.

If have emailed the Research Ethics Board at U of A trying to get the research prosal, any registered conflicts of interest, or what exactly this data will be used for etc. I haven't gotten any tangible information from anyone.

Here are my issues
1. the Alberta government used my personal data outside its purposed intentions and for the purpose of 3rd party research
2. I can not get a clear answer on any possible conflicts of interest the researchers may have
3. I can not get an answer on exactly what the data will be used for as proposed by this research (the head reseacher of this projects main focus is acceptance of 3D (lab cultured/cell based) meat. Will it be used for that? I ask this because most of the questions are questions you would ask around marketing and testing of a product.
4. This Research was so poorly written and the interchangable use of terms that are meant to be percise gives me pause as to the accuaracy of the data it will produce. Just an example is that this research included fowl and small game which aren't Big game, this reasearch included farmed game meat and farmed meat is just farmed meat.

So i the next posts I will lay out the compliant prosess and for what institution.

1. Alberta Government FOIP
2. U of A Research and Ethics Board
3. ACA Funder of the project

If I left anything out please let me know. Also, it would be could to share here any feedback that we get.

Limina

Last edited by Stinky Buffalo; 03-12-2024 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Correction