View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_fool1 View Post
Very good point about the lethal rhythm by shocking the heart, ur right its not a shock wave, because the idea behind hydrostatic shock is that it causes tearing and other damage to the tissue and ur scenario does not reflect that kind of damage. And u have successfully just disproved my less lethal bean bag gun theory. Bravo.

But what about the boxer/deer that takes the blunt blow to the head? That doesn't disrupt anything as long as the spinal cord is left intact right? so energy transfer does cause the brain to swell, like a concussion that people die from all the time.

Fish will not die instantly out of water they will all live for at least 5-10 minutes flopping around before finally suffocating and dying... As a teenager i had many fish and had many escape, they dont die instantly. So the fish in a bag test is still a cool idea. Although not very scientific lol.
Gotta go find that mythbusters now though. Sounds cool that they tried it.
My wife is the edumacated one, but I take a lot of pride in sharing with her and learning what she knows so we may have intellegent conversation about what matters to her. I believe (again not stating facts to be bashed on) that severe blows to the head causes instant bruising, swelling and can put severe preasure on the brain stem, similar to a stroke or aneurysm. To have ones bell rung hard will cause swelling instanly and cause you to black out, the severity will determine if you wake up or not. Once preasure is placed on the brain stem time is not on your side. Strokes can be none lethal if they are diagnosed and treated in time. loss of oxygen will also cause lethal swelling in the brain.
Not a doctor nor claim to be one, but I believe some of the instant death we as hunters see could be from my last post. If a large round has enough force to crush its way through the breast plate or rib cage in proximity of the chest cavity we could be seeing the lethal rhythm on the heart. Many race car drivers have died from the very same thing and have no visable wounds. Lethal rhythm can be instant death.