View Single Post
Old 10-01-2019, 08:39 AM

I have an older Bushnell Professional with a grid. It has the adjustable arbors, they expand via a thumb screw to fit inside the barrel. As FPS stated it works good.

Also have a Wheeler Engineering Professional kit with a grid as well. What I do not like is the way it affixes to the muzzle. It has a very strong magnet that "snaps" onto the muzzle as soon as you get it close to the muzzle. The magnet is also a fairly large diameter and is hard to center on the muzzle. Instructions state it does not need to be dead center but I like to be as accurate as possible. I cut a piece of circular thick paper the same diameter as the magnet and taped it to the magnet. I drew a circle on the paper spacer the same diameter as the muzzle and try to center it the best I can. I do not want to damage the muzzle or the finish on the barrel if the magnet "snaps" onto the muzzle. Not exactly easy to use but once you get it centered it seems to work good.

Also have the Site Lite laser mag SL500. This model has the strongest laser they offer, green in color. Site Lite advertises it is visible out to 100 yards. Site Lite provides a target to use with a cross and vertical and horizontal hash marks. The Site Lite laser mag is the most accurate of the three that I have.

As previously stated you still need to verify the scope alignment with point of impact at a range and make any adjustments required at the range.