View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloopbloob View Post
Second American case just confirmed in Chicago....
She returned on a plane from China (with recirculated air) and who knows how many people she's had contact with before being hospitalized and diagnosed. Here goes another wrap of tinfoil, 31 layers now.

I've got 4 half mask reusable rubber full seal face mask cartridge style respirators and a dozen cartridges with 99.97% filtration, as of this morning. Luckily my work has them. Not because I'm that scared here yet, but when it gets here, good luck getting your hands on it when you need it....
I’m not a prepper by any means but might be worth having a few things.

Just did the same, if I don’t use them for this I’ll use them in the shop, even N95 masks and surgical masks are getting hard to find when I looked them up, half mask is more secure for sure. I’m not panicked but it has my attention. There are almost not masks left in China, people are reusing old ones in the garbage and using sanitary pads over their noses.

Some reports (not verified at all) from doctors that estimate there could be up to 100,000 infected right now. Some videos on twitter show a couple doctors losing their minds about how long they are working and how they can’t help the volume of people in the hospital. I fear the censorship in China doesn’t allow us to see the real struggle happening right now.