View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 05:24 PM

1000 Yards:

Not neccesarily...

I finally found that old picture I had of a big non typical jackalope I got by Fort MacMurray. I was driving along in my zircron encrusted Ram pickup(gleaming in the moonlighty night) and noticed about 400 yards away there was critter drinking at a pond. I got my reading glasses out and sure enough it was a big 'lope just a licking up that slough water. And to my surprise it was the even more elusive non typical jackalope.

Well luckily this was a couple of years ago when you didn't need a licence or a draw to hunt lope. I had my trusty 1902 stevens single shot open sighted .177 caliber pellet rifle in the truck so I got out, stood on the roof of my truck. Cracked the barrel and put in the pellet. I didn't want to get any closer and spook or rile up the beast so I took the shot and he fell with out a flinch. I paced it out at 395 yards. Never did get him scored.

I think that south country doesn't have any lopes left. Try Ft. Mac for jackalope. I am not sure why but the area seems to produce alot of non typical jackalopes.
Go north where they haven't been shot up as much yet. A few days ago you mentioned 'no rainbow for reference'. Up around Ft. Mac there is always a few rainbows for reference. But the rainbows are on the water, not in the sky.

I think I know why you are having such a hard time connecting on getting a poke on a 'lope....

You forgot the password! Yikes!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg normal_jackalope_03.jpg (27.7 KB, 29 views)

Last edited by Red Bullets; 10-20-2013 at 05:51 PM.