Thread: Travers Closure
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 09:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsfurfish View Post
More fisherpeople now than years ago, more knowledge on how to catch walleye now than years ago. Once the need was identified things were changed were they not?
Quote:
no horse, please reread my post.

Yes horse Im serious

Times are changing, just not fast enough for you.

What im saying is walleye are getting more popular and fishermen are getting better at catching them.
I did read your post and thats what i was getting at all the change in the numbers of fishermen and the knowledge in catching fish has not happened over the last year. So no it was not changed as soon as it was identified.
its been some thing that has been known for years.

Quote:
It appears that 2 weeks was deemed sufficient. Why close something when you dont have to?
Most areas that are fish breeding ground are close completely or for a extended time as Dace has shown in his post ONE of the reasons being there are so many things that can affect the time line of breeding fish. Water temp.- Water levels, Oxygen levels, and even moon stages are a few. Knowing this how can you determine that every year it will always come together in the same 2 week period.......YOU CAN"T.

Quote:
Any one think that maybe if SAWT didnt fish the lake the last 2 years that just maybe the closure wouldnt be extended?

Something for you all to think about!

Sorry for short posts but have to go to work.

Don't know what this statement is to mean. I would think if SAWT did not fish the closed area it would show their support and their agreement with the fact it should be closed to help protect the fisheries. By fishing in the area it is showing their lac of concern for the fisheries.