Thread: Travers Closure
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 10:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFugger21 View Post
I'm definitely not saying that I'm right, as I don't know who Brian is and I've never been involved with WU or SAWT, so I can't speak to what his/the organization(s) motives are. I'm just trying to clarify what horsetrader was trying to say in a previous post. Which I think you're still missing...

You can still satisfy both commitments with it having the appearance of contradictory/conflicting agendas. I'm gonna try and lay this out again, but using actual quotes....

And let it be clear, I'm not attacking Brian or WU or SAWT, and am in favor of a longer closure if it is actually in the best interest for the lake. BUT I think horsetrader kind of brings up a good point with this all, and I think it's quite curious, and some clarification should be made.

Below is the heart of horsetraders arguement....

So to wrap up....
  1. Walleyes Unlimited has been pushing for a 'west arm' closure for 2-3 years now
  2. SAWT has been holding tournaments during the purposed closure while this "push" for the closure has been going on, allowing the tournament partipants to fish in purposed 'closed' area
  3. The same guy that is the president of Walleyes Unlimited, is the president of SAWT

Horsetrader brings up a good point I think, it's just curious that the guy at the head of an organization (WU) pushing for a closure of a specific part of a lake, because of the pressures put on the fish pre/during/post spawn, is the same guy that is at the head of another organization (SAWT) that allows huge amounts of anglers to target this spot during the purposed closure.

To quote the Global channel... "Things that make you go HUH...."

I appreciate the help in clarify some points. Sometimes it is hard for some people to see the point that is trying to be made not that they don't want to. Its just some times we see one sided myself included so it helps sometimes when someone else steps in and mediates. thanks