Thread: Travers Closure
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseshoe View Post
As far as myself being the President of Walleye Unlimited and SAWT, please be advised that I have resigned from the Walleye Unlimited in September but the website has not been updated (as these are all volunteer positions).

FOR THE SAWT, WE ARE PLEASED TO HEAR THAT THE WEST ARM WILL BE CLOSED TILL JUNE 1ST.
Brian, the intent of my previous post was not to expose you. seems many posting on this thread knew who you were anyways? question though, if you're "the walleye guy" as being described here by your peers where have you been? i don't get you just showing up on the board with a random post stating the new closer info out of the blue. you obviously have a wealth of knowledge you could share with the board. i sincerely hope you stick around and do so.

another question to all. why not longer, or a complete closure? again I'll post some very popular alberta waters with such complete closures or longer spring closures. are the walleye in travers not quite ready for the full blanket treatment?

Pigeon Lake & tributaries (excluding Tide Creek) & outlet –
the portion of lake west of a line drawn from the northwesternmost tip of the point in 13-12-47-2-W5 due north to the point where the line intersects the shoreline of the lake in 13-47-2-W5, locally known as Zeiner Park and including Tide Creek.
CLOSED all year.

Sylvan Lake & tributaries –
the portion of lake southwest of a line drawn from the northeastern most tip of the landfill pier in Sylvan Lake Provincial Park located at NW 33-38-1-W5M due northwest to the point on the shoreline where the boundary between the town of Sylvan Lake and the Summer Village of Norglenwold meet the lake located at NE 32-38-1-W5M. Including all tributary streams.
April 1 to June 30 – CLOSED

Fawcett Lake & tributaries –
the portion north and east of a line drawn from the MD boat launch in SE12-73-26-W4 to the point of land in SE11-73-26-W4 including the Mink River, Fawcett (Howard) River and the areas locally known as the narrows and east basin
OPEN July 1 to Feb. 28 and CLOSED Mar. 1 to June 30.

Lesser Slave Lake
the portion west of a line drawn from Shaw Point to the point of land in 26-74-14-W5 known as Little Grassy Point, including Buffalo Bay and the Grouard Channel & their tributaries (see also East Prairie River, South Heart River and Traverse Creek).
CLOSED – Mar. 1 to June 15

Calling Lake & portions of tributaries & outlet during open seasons –
the portion northerly of a straight line drawn southwesterly from the point where the line intersects the eastern shore at the northern boundary of SE02-73-22-W4 to the point where the line intersects the western shore at the northern boundary of NE12-72-23-W4 & tributaries, including Rock Island River downstream of Sec. Rd. 813
CLOSED all year

Pinehurst Lake (65-10-W4)
the portion north of a line drawn from the easternmost point of land in NW19-65-09-W4 easterly to the westernmost point of land in NE19-65-09-W4 locally known as Snug Cove (Mud Bay) – CLOSED

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsfurfish View Post
The last 2 years the weather has been different (colder), likely delaying spawning and creating the need to extend the closures.

you're absolutely correct. precisely why a later date (30 days, end of June) would be a real benefit to the fish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsfurfish View Post
more knowledge on how to catch walleye now than years ago. Once the need was identified things were changed were they not?

really? what the heck does that mean. newly introduced species to the province or what? were not talking bass fishing in alberta here. i'm sorry, but that's one bizarre statement.

Dace