Thread: Travers Closure
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsfurfish View Post
There was no conflict of interest. Brian was working on protecting the fish for walleyes unlimited. The arm was shut down in the first place by their work.

As president of SAWT he and other presidents have had tournments on Travers which included all open waters.

It would have been a conflict of interest had he not had the tournaments there! ...
I think what was meant (this is how I take horsetrader's conflict comment anyways, so correct me if I'm wrong...) was that as President of Walleyes Unlimited, he was pushing for a later closure of the 'West Arm' in June, while as President of SAWT letting SAWT pre-fish and fish the West Arm in mid to late May, or whenever the Travers tourny is. So it looks like there is conflicting agendas with the 2 associations- 1 saying "close the West Arm till June to help protect pre to post spawn walleye", and the 2nd saying "well... it's not closed yet, so have at all those walleye we're trying to protect for the sake of a good tournament."

Quote:
... More info has come to light in the last year or so which influenced the changes for this year...
Can you speak to what info has come to light? Is this publicly known info or where did you find it? I'm curious to know what data is supporting the closure.

Quote:
... I suspect that SAWT will follow the rules this year as well! And I believe Brian has lobbied for the changes for this year as well.
I'm also curious as to what is meant by your comment above? You make it sound like you 'suspect' SAWT will not fish the west arm, even though it would be closed during the normal tourny date..... I should hope so, lol. I'm sure that's not what you meant, but it sure sounds like that.