View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Ya it is, good eye! Lol.

Deer Hunter;

I had a harder time picking what scope I wanted than I did the configuration of the rifle. After hours or research I had it narrowed down to 3 but once I was able to look through them in person the choice was easy. That top turret is huge, it looked so big in pictures that I had doubts I would get it. After seeing it mounted on the rifle in real life it didn’t look as big but it’s got 116 moa of vertical adjustment with a revolution counter on the turret so you don’t lose tract while you’re dialing. Looking outside with it right now and the glass is amazing, it’s unbelievable the detail you can make out in the trees in the dark.

Kurt that thing has a twilight factor of 30 which is way up there bud,if you get a moose in the last 5 minutes of shooting light with a dark back ground this is the deal you want,the hd5 has a twilight factor of 20,so this X5i is incredible for just a 50 mm scope.I came close to grabbing one,but I went with the zeiss ht which has 27or 28 twilight factor ,but 56 mm and no side focus.I had 3 Z6's and sold them all and in one way regret not going with the Swarovski X5i.I think The top end hensoldt gets maybe 31 or32 if that,i will check that out for sure.I would never buy another Z6,but sure as heck am really interested in this scope.

I don't know every scope spec out there ,to many, there maybe something in SB,but it's hard to find something more clear with light gathering power than this X5i