Thread: Trouble
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2020, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty S View Post
To me this is concerning, but sounds like they will be buying fur next season yet regardless, dependant upon supply needs, they may need much less due to disruption to the economy.

As theres no place collecting CG coats for recycling and no CG collection bins at Safeway.... good luck with a recycling program. Then on top of that many CG strips are sewn on the hoods.

Then couple that with the fact that 70-80% used strip will have been exposed to Covid-19 and slobber, sneezing and other yuck.

Hopefully this is just a ploy to satisfy the fantasy-fairy mindset of a percentage of western world consumer demands perceived and concerned demented/fairy minded shareholders, and reality will set in.

The big question is: is a CG parka recycling program even practical? Doubtful is my answer. Try to collect the parkas, a challenge, then recover the fur, then how do you revitalize a hammered strip??? Cheaper to use new.

It is concerning tho. Surely a very unwise board decision. Boards just dont work.

Generally speaking, I don’t believe that consumers purchasing $1000 parkas are looking for used material. I could be wrong.

The fact is, however, that coyote prices have been driven by a fashion trend. Trends change. Time will tell. Everyone would like it to be an endless trend. But...that’s why they call it a trend.

Who knows. Maybe we can look forward to the days of $100 beaver and $12 squirrels.