View Single Post
Old 04-16-2020, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcoat27 View Post
I totally agree with the ban. I have been part of the industry who has fought fires. You have a tremendous amount of personal, working,eating,sleeping in close quarters. Not only fire fighters,but truckers, cat operators to name a few. As the situation stands today COVID 19 is not under control and could spread as fast as a fire among fire personnel. Remember this is a world wide pandemic and getting trained personal would be challenging. Lastly smoke from a fire creates breathing issues for the most vulnerable.
At 30 to 40% of population with immunity the pandemic is beaten. How are we going to get there? Right now i Alberta we have had 2000 of 4 million people get it. That is way way less than 1% (.05%!). You want to have the economy shut down for years? A vaccine is at least a year away. The hospitals are empty. This morning 40 people in the hospitals across the province with 10 in ICU. We need to ramp the infection rate up so the hospitals are running at 60% capacity at least or brother get used to how things are right now.