View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 01:14 PM

Ok I made another design adjustment. I adjusted the eye sockets on this bait so they are also catch points that will hopefully throw a random quirk in the action. This has been a hit or miss trick and I have not tried it on a lure this big. May work may just end up with deep eyes

So back to the lip. Since this is a deep diver the line tie is in the lip. So I place the lip in the bait and mark my line tie location. Pull the lip back out and drill two holes

So the lip I decided to go with is a conventional oval design. It is a wider lip with some length to it because the goal is a wider wobble and some depth. Basically the wider the lip the more side to side you get and narrower tightens it up. The length helps control depth longer deeper shorter shallower.

The tie point I choose should be a good balance of depth and action. This bait will definitely dive. Where you put your tie point will also dictate the depth and action. Closer to the lure increases the action farther away decreases the action. Depth is achieved by moving the tie point away from the bait

The fun part is learning the magical balance in these factors. If you push the limits just right you get a crazy bait that hunts but over do it and you get a bait that blows out

How you balance/weigh your lure plays a roll too but will get to that when we get there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Smoky buck; 01-16-2020 at 01:27 PM.