View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 10:08 PM
AO Sponsor

It "wasn't considered too much power" , from necropsies of traps tested out of the box without break in, traps that had 4- #3 coils on them caused too much foot damage, both visible as well as damage not visible on the surface, hence the need to necropsy the animals.

Do note the fine print. I did not generalize, all four coil traps but traps that were four coiled with 4 - #3 coilsprings. Traps that were fourcoiled with a lighter offside spring fared very well.

Sterlings... Not really a fair representation tho, like I said, new traps out of the box don't stay new for very long and the springs weaken up and end up being toned down really nice. Guys that have used their Sterlings long term love them deeply! Many, many, many guys!

They are spendy, but so are CDN Modified Bridgers. Hopefully when all is said and done and the standards are complete,we will be a ble to use many more traps than the few that were tested. I believe that is what is supposed to happen, a sharing of CDN and USA data, and passing of additional traps. We better get after some of these folks to ensure they dont wait too long to finish the job!