View Single Post
Old 12-02-2022, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
Non compliance is OK until you go hunting with your banned gun. If you get checked out by the authorities and they find that prohibited rifle, they'll seize it and charge you for the crime. I mean just keeping them in your safe until they crash your door down with a warrant isn't much fun. So how will you employ your tools if you can't take them out of the house without worry of becoming a criminal.
I don’t know about you but I don’t cross paths with RCMP or F&W too often out hunting. F&W likely won’t be checking make and model either. They will likely just make sure your firearm is not loaded in a vehicle and your firearm complies with the hunting regs

RCMP might be more in-depth but I think I have had the check my firearm once because I got pulled over speeding. Odds are they won’t remember what is on the stupid list and won’t get attention unless it’s obvious and was likely on the restricted listed

Then add in the province refusing to contribute resources to support this ban.

Odds are unless you are being unsafe, committing a crime well in possession of your firearm or a public complaint has been made against you the likelihood of having an issue is extremely low

Your choice on what risks you are willing to take though