View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 11:59 PM

Buy a spot and send a message every morning and every night. I have a pack-alarm for around my tent (look it up on google). I have bear spray for in the tent, its easier to use than swing a rifle around in a small space. Bear spray only buys you time to get orientated and get ready to shoot. Always have access to water, (filter, tablets or boiling) there's nothing worse than being dehydrated. Once you find a good water source on the mountain, you should drink enough water till you feel full and then load up on your supply. Bring enough food and have some spare food in your truck. If you've ate all the food in your pack, then you have something to eat when you make it back to the truck (if your like me you'll be hungry). Before you go triple check your gear, then when you have eliminated the useless stuff, check it a couple more times. After one trip you'll know what you need and what you don't. Game bags with something to keep the blood off of your pack (garbage bag or similar). The smell of blood stays on your pack awhile, so the cleaner the better when in bear/wolf country. Never take any risks by yourself. I have passed up on game because of a bad location or the wrong time of day. Most importantly, think carefully about decisions made out there as they will affect what you may have to do tomorrow and maybe even the next day. Take the time to get good pics.