View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 03:41 PM

I shot for years using wrist strap caliper releases. Mostly single calipers from Scott. A few years ago I switched to the hook style wrist strap I think it’s the Scott silver horn. Loved it for a bit, but wanted more! I started buying used hinge style releases. I like them, but with my bow, I’m drawing too long to use them properly. I’m at the shortest draw setting already, so unfortunately I can’t adjust it.

Just this spring, I bought the nock 2 it from nock on archery. It’s made by carter. I think it cost like $295.00 Canadian ($225 USD) shipped from their website. It’s more than I paid for three other releases combined, but I absolutely love it. I think I could still benefit from shortening my draw length, but I need to come up with funds for a new bow before I can do that.

I hope you find one that works for you. Definitely incorporate some kind of wrist strap, some people have a tendency to let go of the hand held releases when they’re just learning, and that will wreck your bow, and your expensive new release. Try a bunch of different ones out, if you can. It seems that thumb button releases are pretty hard to find at retail stores, here in Canada, so that might not be an option. However, Archerytalk.com often has used releases for a fraction of the new price, but it can sometimes be tough getting the seller to ship to Canada. And you also need PayPal.