View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normanrd View Post
That's what I would do. Brendan's dad has a similar dl and runs an arrow that will be similar in length to yours and has no issues. Wlou says you would technically be ok, perhaps a little under spined at 60# with the length they are, so if you get them cut you will be marginally stiff at 55# and good for 60#. Quality isn't an issue, so get them made the right length and you should be golden! Being slightly over spined will only (generally)cause you to be a shade right (assuming you are right handed), while being under spine can cause you to hit left, and from my experience it can be a little or a lot, depending on the particular arrow you pull out of your quiver. I think it is always better to be a little over spined when you have to make a choice between being under or over.

Jmo,

Norm
And in addition, if you are that worried about your spine being too stiff at 55 lbs and 28 inch arrow, bump your point weight up to 125 grains. A 125 grain fixed broadhead out of a 55 lb bow will blow through any animal in North America

I agree with Norm that slightly over spined is ok. My set-up as per the Gold Tip spine chart, should be a 340 spine. Bowtech Reign 6 at 66 lbs. But for some reason it tunes perfect with 300 spine Gold Tip XT Hunter.

This is my second bareshaft at 20 yards after a couple twist to the yokes.

Last edited by jungleboy; 01-01-2024 at 09:41 AM.