View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 12:59 PM
Banned

Although raabs idea may not be perfect the fact is it appears, he like many other of us rural people are desperate for help. Many of us know what we could like to do, but we are not there....yet. Please don't insult us by even mentioning the RCMP.....THEY ARE COMPLETELY USELESS with regard to rural crime.

A provincial police force is the only thing that is going to help, the RCMP only care about gun crime, speed traps, and photo-ops at the school or town parade. Something to try and make them look involved in the community in a positive way, or collect money, when their actions prove they couldn't care less about the community they live in.

An RCMP officer at the request of our town council came out to give a talk on rural crime. All he could talk about was what we should be doing, cameras, lock stuff up etc, all good ideas but when I asked what they were doing the response was shocking.

I asked how many night patrols they had in a week in our area, the answer was none, they don't have a shift past 6:00 PM, just an officer on call. I was not asking for specific times just generally. Then I asked if you (the RCMP) have determined that about 95% of the theft happens between 1 and 5AM how do you expect to stop theft and catch anybody when there are no RCMP working. His response was.........somewhat apologetic but completely useless.

After the scenario a couple of weeks ago around Lloyd where three ladies were killed by a truck thief, the idea of punting the RCMP would seem like a necessity. They are not only not preventing crime, in this case it would seem they actually contributed to it....the death of three ladies. The RCMP then release a statement about the vehicle chase that they were just following policy, and then announced to vehicle thieves that they only chase stolen vehicles for a few minutes and then let them go.........the apparent laziness of the RCMP is only rivaled by their stupidity with regard to vehicle theft.

I don't know how such a respected police force could turn into such a bunch of pencil pushers, but what I do know is that they have to go and the sooner the better!!