View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 08:09 AM
Shooting Xs

Senator Tkachuk's 5 year Amendment motion is one of the 4 or 5 that were introduced during the Committee Hearings,this is the 4th. with the previous 3 voted against these past couple weeks.If I remember correctly there should be one more after this one is voted against adoption on May 27th.,the next sitting day.The next fixed sitting dates for the Senate are May 27,28,29 and 30th.then June 4-6th.
It should get final reading on May 28th. or 29th. and probably get Royal ascent rubber stamped immediately following. I expect the Coming into Force date to follow the same time line.
I commend the Con. Senators for their efforts ,but this will come to it's inevitable conclusion at the end of May.
If ,in fact the PM is going to make an announcement in Vancouver concerning changes he'll want this passed.
Either way the Libs will most certainly want this done before summer break June 21st.,Parliament usually resumes in Sept.but with an Election being called for Oct. they most likely wont convene till Nov.,hopefully with a Conservative majority.
I've been wrong before though....I remember this one other time.....