Thread: Hunting rights
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Let's not forget all of the other things that the native people have received that were not specifically mentioned in the treaties. Reading the text of the treaties, I see no mention of access to our universities, hospitals, free medical care in modern hospitals, homes with electricity, running water, central heat, roads to drive on, air strips for remote settlements, community centers with gyms and hockey arenas etc. So in fact, the natives received much more than the things specified in the treaties, meaning that the government has in many ways gone above and beyond to provide more than what was agreed upon. Some will argue that these things are all part of our evolving society and modernization, but then so is the need to regulate hunting to maintain our game populations.
I for one am not forgetting anything! Maybe there are some things I do not know for sure. My understanding is that they are Canadians and they have been assured of certain rights that they had before the land grab. I think that as Canadians they should have access to all of the things you mentioned.

The Queen made a deal. She wanted the land to settle.. She had a choice. She could fight and take the land or she could bargain for the land, We all know which one she chose. Now that Canada has its own constitution and has honored the deal that the Queen made. Now as I see it, the government has a choice of weaseling out of the deal or bargaining its way out. I hope the government chooses to bargain out.