View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 11:08 PM

I like this thread, grew up in the country and now liven in the city. Still love hunting as much as I did when growing up. My experiences are the worst rule breakers were young rural men. They knew what they could get away with and only followed hunting regs that they didn't think were stupid. Brothers and neighbors knew exactly who was cruising the fields at night but no one did anything about it. I chuckle whenever I read how bad us city folk are because I know a lot of rural folk who make their own rules when it comes to hunting. Now I just go as far into public land as I can get and stay away from all that fuss. Feels like hunting when I don't see fences and I don't have a warm house to go to after hiking all day. Each to his own but getting up early and hunting for 3 hours in the morning just to hit the diner at noon for brunch and then back out for an hour cruising gravel roads in the evening is not extreme enough when I only get a couple weeks a year to leave the city. Unfortunately that is my experience with rural hunters! That being said my fellow city hunters scare me sometimes when I run into them in the bush simply from what sometimes is a pretty obvious lack of experience, and yes sometimes ignorance. Bad apples on both sides no doubt!